These are the clauses directly pertaining to lease renewal that are a part of every Elfant Pontz lease. They can help you answer most lease renewal questions. Please review and let us know if you have any questions!
NOTICE TO END LEASE AGREEMENT (Clause 18)
Either Party may end this Lease at the end of the original term or any renewal term by written notice. Landlord or Resident must give this written notice at least sixty (60) days before the date of the end of the lease. This Lease will automatically renew for a year to year term if neither party ends the Lease at the end of the original term or the end of any renewal term (and if Landlord does not send a renewal notice). This Lease will renew on the terms in Landlord’s renewal notice if Resident does not send notice ending Lease.
CHANGE IN RENT OR OTHER TERMS OF THE LEASE AGREEMENT (Clause 19)
Landlord may notify Resident in writing of any changes in rent or changes of any other terms of the new Lease Agreement. Resident must then notify the Landlord in writing (by certified mail and Landlord must receive notification) before sixty (60) days of end of Lease if Resident rejects these changes and desires to end the Lease. If Resident does not respond to Landlord’s changes, the changes will become part of this Lease amending it by any terms listed in the renewal notice. Resident agrees to pay double the last monthly rent if this Lease is ended and Resident does not vacate on the ending date. This double rental charge is due for each month or part of a month that Resident remains in possession of the leased unit after the end date of the Lease or renewal.
OPTION FOR A RENEWAL ON A TWO MONTH-TO-TWO MONTH BASIS (Clause 20)
Resident may choose a two month-to-two month Lease following the expiration of the original term of this Lease. There is an additional $100.00 monthly charge for the two month-to-two month option for rent over $750, $50.00 for rent of $750.00 or under. Resident must notify Landlord in writing at least sixty (60) days before the renewal term begins that Resident will choose the two month-to-two month renewal. To end a two month-to-two month Lease, either Resident or Landlord must give the other party at least sixty (60) days written notice to vacate before the end of the Lease Agreement. (Sent by certified mail and received by Landlord)
CHARGES FOR BREAKING THIS LEASE (Clause 21)
A Resident who chooses to renew the Lease for another full term is permitted to break the Lease, subject to Landlord written approval, if all the following conditions have been met:
- Resident has been in apartment for over one year.
- Notice to vacate is in writing, (Sent by certified mail and received by Landlord) at least sixty (60) days before the date Resident wishes to vacate.
- Resident pays a sum equaling three month’s rent as liquidated damages when Resident gives written notice of his/her intent to vacate early. This is reimbursement for the costs incurred in administration, apartment preparation and/or releasing costs.
WHAT RESIDENT OWES IF LEASE IS BREACHED (Clause 30)
If this Lease is breached by Resident, Resident will owe:
- All rent and additional charges permitted by this Lease to the end of its term.
- All legal fees, court costs, collection agency fees, sheriff’s or constable’s fees, moving and storage costs and other expenses of Landlord in evicting Resident and collecting the money Resident owes.
- The cost of repairing or replacing any damage to the premises and complex for which Resident is legally responsible.
- Reasonable fees and costs, not limited to advertising, for leasing the apartment.
- A Re-Rental Fee equal to one month rent.